Why Choose to Pay Using Bank Transfer
- Bank Transfer is the easiest and most secure way to pay using School Gateway.
- The Bank Transfer set up can either be completed via the School Gateway app or website.
- Once the initial set up has been completed, there is no requirement to re-enter bank details each time a payment is processed via School Gateway.
When a payment is made by Bank Transfer on School Gateway, the payment shows in Schoolcomms straight away, however the payment is not debited from the payers account for 3 to 5 working days after the transaction was made. Initial payments can sometimes take up to 10 working days to clear.
Payments will never be debited from the payer’s account without the payer authorising every individual transaction via their School Gateway account.
The Bank Transfer payment facility is backed by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
Can Payments Fail?
The most common reason for a payment to fail is if the payer has insufficient funds in their account at the time the monies are debited from their chosen account (3 to 5 working days after the payment is completed in School Gateway).
Some bank account types do not accept the bank transfer facility.
How Do You Know If a Payment Has Failed?
- If a payment does ‘fail’ you will be notified via email from the School Gateway team.
- The payer will receive an email asking them to make the payment again.
No monies will be debited from the payer’s account
- Failed payments are visible in Schoolcomms, within your Payment Reports.