Students can use either the Tablet or Whiteboard to change or cancel pre-orders made by their parents.
To enable and set the pre-order cut-off time do the following:
In System go to Sites > select a Site  > in the Meal selection tab  and use the following Pre-selection options:
Only School Administrators can make changes to the parent pre-selections via the Desktop.
3. Parent pre-order lead days
Parents will only be able to pre-order meals for the days after the configured value (i.e. if the current day is Wednesday and the Parent pre-order lead days = 2, the Parent will not be able to pre-book meals for the current day (Wednesday) or the next day (Thursday), but will be able to book meals from Friday onwards).
4. Whiteboard pre-order lead days
Whiteboard users will only be able pre-order meals for the 2 days after the configured value (i.e. if the current day is Wednesday and the Whiteboard pre-order lead days = 2, Whiteboard users will not be able to pre-book meals for the current day (Wednesday) or the next day (Thursday), but will be able to book meals for Friday and the following Monday.
Click the checkbox for Parent selection can be changed on Whiteboard  so Students can change pre-orders via the Whiteboard.
Click the checkbox for Pre-orders can be changed on Tablet  so that Students can change pre-selections can be changed on the tablet.
Click Save  when done.
Changing Pre-orders Guides
- For making pre-order changes via the Desktop, refer to Transactions and Pre-orders
- For making pre-order changes via the Whiteboard, refer to Using the Whiteboard
- For making pre-order changes via the Tablet, refer to Meal Resister App.
- In System go to Sites > select a Site  > Edit Site window > click on Meal selection tab  > set the Pre-order lead days 
- If either of the Pre-order lead days is set to any value greater than 0, the Parent Pre-order cut-off time  can be any value (e.g. 10:00).
- If the Pre-order lead day is 0, the Parent Pre-order cut-off time will be the Default latest time of 08:00, or earlier if a time is entered.
Before an approved user can take a photo using the tablet and upload it to the whiteboard, the Photo assistant feature must be activated.
- In System go to Sites  > [select your site].
- In the Site pop-up window go to Meal selection > Meal Register list > Enable menu item photo assistant  check box > Save .
Items with a custom photo from the user will have a Custom camera icon  in the Photo column. Select the item to open the pop-up menu.
- If you decide to revert to the default photo after uploading a photo to the whiteboard, go to Menus > Items > Main.
- To find the “Jacket Potato with Baked Beans” menu item, for example, use the Search bar  and click the Magnifying glass button  to search the Items list.
- In the Details tab of the Edit Menu Item pop-up, you can see a Photo preview  of the current photo. To remove the photo and return to the default picture click the Remove photo check box , then click Save .
Refer to Menu Item Photo Assistant for how to take photos using the Meal Register App.