Using MobiControl you can track and pinpoint a device in real time. The location history feature makes it possible to find lost devices that are turned on. In the event the device is turned off you can use the tracking history to analyse and determine an approximate area where it could be.
NOTE: MobiControl depends on a combination of GPS, WiFi and Mobile network connectivity to determine the location of a device. If the device is turned off or has no connectivity it cannot be located.
Device Information Charts
The information represented in Charts  is determined by the contents of the Devices list. Click the Charts button  to add or remove these charts from a pre-defined list to display device properties that you need.
Using the Locate Feature
- Select the device to locate , only select one device .
- Double click on the selected device to open the Device Details screen .
- Click the Location  menu option.
- The Location screen will open and start searching for your selected device.
- When the device is located will confirm the General location  and automatically zoom into the map and give you the Current location .
- Click on the Current location  marker on the map to view the Location details .
- You can view the Previous locations  of the device, and if required, click on the Previous location map marker for the location details.
- Click on the Zoom In/Out  buttons to zoom in or out of the map.
- At the bottom of the location map are examples of the Current location  marker and Previous locations  marker.
- To Locate  the device, should you need to refresh the search, the map will automatically reposition itself to display the device's location.
- The History  button is used to provide you with a timeline of a device’s movements which will appear on the map. Set a tracking Start Date  and Start Time  and the End Date  and End Time  then press OK .