- KEY CHANGE: New form types 2323/2328/2128
- KEY CHANGE: Stock transfer by cooks and admin 2110
- KEY CHANGE: Record two shifts per day/split across sites 1642 1492/1549/ 2062/2090
- KEY CHANGE: Better visibility of action types 2192/2208/2125
- KEY CHANGE: Meal selection upgrade 2242 and responsive parent meal selection 2077
- KEY CHANGE: Better contract management 2320 and 2331
- KEY CHANGE: New nursery ‘person’ type 2379 and site level pricing 2173
- KEY CHANGE: New Cases management module 2338
- KEY CHANGE: New data extraction option 2230
- KEY CHANGE: User not site logon 2209
- Access Cypad support and Knowledge Base from Desktop and tablet 2295
- Allow document file size up to 2MB 2251
- Customisable staff payroll reports 2162
- Enable Saturday and Sunday deliveries 2329
- Export usernames for readers of a document 2124
- Hide discontinued items from the stock template 20862109
- Clearer analysis of meal selection and consumption trends 2086
- Make inspection time data visible for selected questions 2055
- Meal Numbers by year group 2244
- Meal selection by year group 2315
- School roll status 2262
- Show discontinued stock items when exporting 2152
- SIMS - Access dietary needs and allergens data 2358
- View full Data Collection notes 2361
- Additional account code field for suppliers
- New reports for Meal Numbers and Meal Income by Key Stage 2367
- Edit student diet and allergen details
- Meal reports
- Alarm App 2267
- Allocate additional hours for staff 2325
- Automatic actions if questions outside limits 2302
- Change status when order confirmation is received 2260
- Messages remain on tablet for 60 days 2314/2422
- Monthly activity reminders 2177
- Show periods on the calendar 2208
- Add to stock on delivery and display re-order level 2249
- Timesheet hours to exact minute 2300
- Parent Selection & Payments
- Send reminder email to parents to select their child’s meal 2311
- Edit nutritional, allergen or dietary information
- Filter Sites by group 2317
- Generalised staff payroll Export 2162
- Popular meals by year group 2350
- Teacher access limited to whiteboard only 740
With Version 4.1 we have continued to develop the functionality of the application to improve the Admin experience, and ensure greater process efficiency across all the modules. Ask your account manager to go through items done especially for you.
There are currently six types of form in Kitchen Manager. You can configure them so they require actions and sign-off, as well as automatically emailing them to managers:
- Standard: the basic listed form lets you add any type of question
- Fridge temp: this form allows fridge temperatures to be recorded with a time and date stamp
- Auto-summarise: this form enables the user to sign-off multiple forms at the same time; the exported form automatically adds figures
- Grid: this new form enables you to create daily/weekly food checks or shift work data
- Event: this new form enables you add and edit a wide range of event types including hospitality and non-school meal income – add a form and select the Events tab in the Edit Form window
- Transport: this new form lets the Production and Dining Centres record and sign off food supplies and deliveries on a single form.
To select a form:
Grid form example
This form is used to record food temperatures or shift work. If you select the Grid form type a Shifts tab appears in the window:
Event form example
This form is used to record specific one-off hospitality events and non-school income. If you select the Events form type an Events tab appears in the window:
Transport form example
This form is used to record supply and delivery on one form. Using one transport form you can view the supply and delivery details.
If you select the Transport form type a Transport tab appears in the window:
Cooks can now transfer stock items between sites, a task previously only available to Admin staff on the desktop.
For an item to be transferred successfully the receiving party must already have the item included on its stock list. This applies to the desktop and the tablet.
Stock transfer by cook:
Stock transfer by Admin:
In some cases stock may be delivered centrally rather than to a specific site. As the cook cannot transfer the stock from here, the Admin must use the Desktop:
Staff can now use the tablet Attendance app to:
- Record two or more shifts in one day
- Split their shift across sites
- Record two paid staff roles in one day
Staff can check in and out as normal, and then again for a second shift. Their hours are shown consecutively on the tablet:
All action types now have better visibility across Kitchen Manager forms. You can set up actions in Kitchen Manager, Monitor and Assets & Cases then view them on the desktop and in Kitchen Manager on the tablet (for a single site). Area Managers can view actions in Monitor on their tablet.
Action types in Kitchen Manager:
If there is an outstanding action you can arrange for an automatic email notification.
We have made a range of improvements to the meal selection process. As well as clearer design and formatting the whiteboard now displays nutritional and dietary information during meal selection. When you associate an allergen with a menu item, the student with that allergy cannot select it. For parents selecting a meal using a smartphone the meal selection formatting adjusts appropriately.
New functionality on the desktop lets you:
• Manage about your school contracts better
• View your Cypad contract details including contract renewal date, modules and devices
Manage your school contracts
In the Edit Site window for your chosen site select the Contract tab. In the Edit Site window you can enter the contact renewal date, value and status, the payments system, communications provider, ‘Food for Life’ and hygiene ratings, and last inspection date.
Cypad contract details
To view Cypad contract details including contract renewal date, modules and devices go to System > Admin > Cypad Account:
• Contracts are aligned to run from a single start date
• New licences are on a pro rata basis
• Licences used are shown to both customer and Cypad
• Easier planning of costs
• Simpler and faster agreement at renewal time
We have added a Nursery pupil type with separate pricing to the current list of types in the Payments module as well as new KPIs for nursery uptake etc. You can also enter site-specific meal rates for data collection. To do this go to Data Collection > Sites > [choose site] > Data collection rates tab. The rates can be checked from here. If you want to use this feature contact Cypad Support for more details.
Organise your case management documentation using the new Cases management module which brings together all the data you need relating to accidents, customer complaints, and even sales. There are different summarising forms for each incident type with all documents and reports collated in one place. The whole folder can be wrapped up for insurance purposes, you can view statistics for each type. The module can be used as a simple CRM system when used in conjunction with the new Site contract tab.
Go to Cases > Cases:
Cypad provides several export options to enable you to access its data. In addition to Excel, .CSV and the Data Reader we have now added a Data Extractor. This enables you to access much of the data held inside Cypad using an API call. To make full use of this capability you will need programming skills.
Staff are now able to log on to the tablet using a pin number provided by Cypad rather than entering their username and password. All activity can be linked to the user to create an audit trail.
To set user PIN on the desktop:
To enable the user PIN feature on the tablet:
We have introduced a ‘Help’ button on the desktop from where you can search the Cypad Knowledge Base for useful task-based quick refs and guides. This is a growing resource which is continually being updated.
You can now upload documents to a maximum size of 2MB.
Export customisable staff reports based on contracted hours, overtime and absence hours. Go to Staff module > Analysis:
We have added Saturday and Sunday columns to supplier delivery dates:
Additional account code field for suppliers
We have added a second account code field for suppliers called ‘Acc. No. 2’. The existing ‘Account Number’ column is renamed ‘Acc. No. 1’.
We have added these changes in:
- The Edit Site window > Suppliers tab
- The Sites page > filter button > select Supplier check box
- Kitchen Manager > Admin > Import > select Supplier Account Codes from Import type drop-down list
Export a list of usernames for staff who have opened a document. Go to Kitchen Manager > Publish > Export. The exported file shows the list of usernames.
To hide discontinued items from a stock template go to Kitchen Manager > Stock > [select site] > [select Template] > select Hide Discontinued check box
For clearer analysis of meal selection and consumption data you can filter by export type, date and all/main/dessert/drink:
For selected questions you can show the relevant inspection time data on the desktop and the tablet. On the desktop go to Kitchen Manager > Admin > Configure > Show inspection times > Save
To filter meal numbers by year group go to Payments > Analysis > [select site] > Type [select Selection Summary] > Filter by [Year or Class]
To filter meal selection by year group go to Payments > Analysis > [select site] > [select Meal Selection by Year from Type drop-down list]
To check the status of the school roll go to System > Sites > Filter icon > select Data errors box then view the Roll No. column (select Roll No. column to edit site)
Go to Kitchen Manager > Stock > Template > [select template] > Remove Hide Discontinued check box > Export. The exported file contains all discontinued stock items.
SIMS information management system includes allergy and dietary needs lists. As part of the Cypad integration we will set the same lists against student details in the Payments module.
On the Data Collection module Status screen view the full note for the site by hovering the mouse pointer over the red triangle in the cell (where it appears).
We have added two new reports Meal Numbers by Key Stage and Meal Income by Key Stage. Go to Payments > Analysis > Type dropdown. The report is also shown on the tablet.
Edit student diet, diet type and allergen details by selecting the appropriate tab in the Edit Student window in Payments. Edited student details are also shown in:
- Menu > Items > Edit Menu Item window
- Whiteboard meal selection pages
- Web payments
You can export a report showing menu items with/without allergen or nutritional information:
You can now export filtered reports showing:
- Popular meals
- Records affected by menu changes
- Menu items without allergen or nutritional information
We have added a simple time-based alarm to the Clock app. Tap the General app then tap Clock then tap the + sign to create an alarm.
The unit manager can allocate additional hours for individual staff for the following week based on meal numbers served or weekly income in the current week. Staff can choose to spread their allocated hours over several days.
If your answer on a form is outside a specified limit (such as a freezer temperature range) the tablet notifies you to set up an action.
When the cook syncs the tablet they see the order request confirmation on the tablet as ‘Order Sent’. This confirms the order is being sent to the supplier.
Any messages sent to the tablet from the desktop will be available to view for a maximum of 60 days. On the desktop in Monitor > Publish a new column will show who uploaded or updated the message.
Cooks can now use the Activity app on the tablet to view monthly as well as daily reminders
The cook can view time periods on the tablet calendar along with a brief description of the event, giving them a clear picture of holidays, inset days and trading days. When the tablet has been synced the user can view the data. In Kitchen Manager tap the General app then select Calendar:
Admin must set the period details on the desktop. Go to Cypad System > Admin > Open Calendar and select periods.
In the Orders & Deliveries app, when the cook signs off a delivery the order quantities are added to the stock. If they enter a re-order level and then create an order the tablet will display the note ‘Reorder level reached’.
Tablet users can now enter timesheet details to the exact minute. To configure this function go to Staff > Admin > Config and check Timesheet hours to exact minute. On the tablet enter worked hours on the timesheet for individual staff.
Parents can choose to receive email reminders when one or more of their children have less than x days meal selections pre-booked. To configure this item go to Payments > Parents > Add:
Parents can also choose to receive email notifications when registering on Web Payments for the first time.
We have added menu item sub-type descriptions in a colour-key bar below the meal choices: meat/fish, mixed, organic, spicy or vegetarian:
The colour-key is also shown on the Web Payments pre-selection screen.
You can edit the colour-key for menu sub-types to create your own colour scheme:
View nutritional information for meal choices on the whiteboard:
Filter sites by group as well as by site:
To define the group go to System > Admin > Types > Site Groups > Add [group]
You can now export filtered staff payroll reports. Go to Cypad Staff > Timesheets > Areas > Export [enter payroll number then click Export]
To filter popular meals by year group go to Payments > Analysis > Type [Popular Meals by Year]> Filter by [All, Main, Dessert, or Drink]
You can add a user with the role ‘teacher. This restricts them to whiteboard access only.