Setting up a connection to SIMS
When MIS Sync is first logged into, a message will be displayed reading Could not locate SIMS with your current settings in the connections box. The connection must be made to the SIMS database before a pupil import can be completed.
- Navigate to Tools > Settings
- Select the SIMS tab
- Enter a SIMS username and password into the MIS Username and MIS Password fields
NOTE: The SIMS account that is used must have full administrator rights, and 3rd party reporting rights to be able to complete a successful import of pupil data to ParentPay.
[OPTIONAL] If you connect to more than one SIMS database using a single copy of MIS Sync, you will need to enter the Server name and Database name fields (if not you can ignore these fields leaving them blank). The values are identical to those in your connect.ini found in your SIMS .NET folder
- Server name = servername/instance
- Database name = database
- Select the yellow folder. This will populate the SIMS location field
- Select Test these settings
- A message will be displayed showing whether the connection was successful
- If the connection was unsuccessful, review the MIS username and password credentials, and whether the correct permissions have been given to the account used
- If the connection was successful, select OK to close the message, and select Save at the bottom of the MIS Sync window
- Close MIS Sync. This allows the changes made in MIS Sync to be applied to the program