1. Log on to your SIMS server
2. Confirm that the SIMS application loads normally
· If successful, move to step 3
· If unsuccessful, please escalate this issue with Capita support as this is something they will need to investigate. ParentPay use the same connectivity provided by Capita to allow the SIMS Attendance Service to function.
3. Locate and run the 'ParentPay SIMS Upload Client'
· This can normally be found as a desktop icon RIGHT CLICK AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (this needs to ran as administrator so the credentials can be written to the registry)
· It must be run using an account that has internet access. Without this, the service will fail as it needs to connect to ParentPay.
4. There is a default configuration available. Select it and click delete
5. Enter the following details
· School identifier field - this should be your Organisation details in the format school-X-[your DfE or SEED number] _where
· X = 1 for England; 2 for N Ireland; 3 for Scotland; 4 for Wales
· DfE/SEED number is normally composed of a local authority number and an establishment number (e.g. 3241234)
· Your ParentPay Username
· This is normally the same as your ParentPay manager login username though you may have set up a manager account specifically for this task
· Your Parentpay Password
· This is normally the same as your ParentPay manager login password though you may have set up a manager account specifically for this task
6. Select **_Add**
7. Select Save
8. Locate the servers 'Services' panel and find the 'ParentPay Sims Upload Service'
9. Stop and then re-start the service
10. Test the import again
If the import still fails please log onto the SIMS server, open the Event Viewer
Go to Application and Services
Select PPSIMSCLIENT right click SAVE AS (save to desktop)
Please reply to your ticket to send to ParentPay support for further investigation.