Many children require additional payers to be set up so that they can make payments for them, in addition to the primary account holder. When an additional payer is created they are issued with unique activation codes.
Caution should be taken when distributing activation codes as inappropriate use could lead to a data breach. ParentPay advises that these codes should be sent directly to the registered address of the payer via an activation letter.
The ParentPay: Activation Letter – Additional Accounts template must be used when creating an activation letter for an additional payer. This ensures that the main contact’s information is not included in the letter meant for the additional payer.
Creating activation letters
- Within your ParentPay manager account, navigate to Communication > Create letter
- Select the Template Name drop-down menu to view all the letter templates
- Select ParentPay: Activation Letter – Additional Accounts.
- Click on the template title Activation Letter – Additional Accounts.
- If required, edit the message run name in the Template Name.This will be used once the letter has been created to easily identify it should it be used again
- Ensure the Use for print check box is the only one selected
- The letter template will be displayed below the check box. Select Edit Letter to make changes to the template
- If required, copy and paste any of the field codes listed on the right side of the window to pull in details of individuals such as name or class. Field codes can also be used to add headers, signatures, or logos onto emails or printed letters.
For a list of available field codes and an explanation of their use see article, Communication centre field codes.
NOTE: All field codes between (and including) and at the top of the letter must not be altered. Making changes to these fields will prevent the correct information for the payer from being pulled onto the letter.
- Once the changes have been made, select Continue
- Select Continue
- Set the Priority to Normal
- Set Send to as All Payers (primary and secondary). This will mean that each payer associated with the pupil(s) selected will have a letter created containing their own details
- Select Continue to add people
- At the bottom of the page in Add recipients, change Add group to Individual pupil
- Use the additional drop-down to select the year/class group that the pupil is in
- Use the additional drop-down to select the pupil
- Select Add to add the recipient to the message run
- Details of who has been added will be displayed in Recipient groups
- There will be 2 or more recipients for each pupil as both the main contact, and the additional payer will have a letter created for them. To remove the main contact as a recipient, select Show recipients at the bottom of the page, and de-select the check box against the contact that does not require a letter. Then select Update list and continue with the letter process
- Select Continue to preview
- Review the information for the message run, and select Confirm send
NOTE: Selecting send messages for a printed letter will not automatically print the letters. It will allow you to review the letters in a PDF format before choosing whether to print them.
- The message summary will be displayed
- Select Open pdfs to view the letters. You can then choose to print them