Can both parents/carers have separate accounts to make payments for their child or receive communications from school?
To create a Secondary Payer Account:
1. Go to People > Pupils and staff
2. Select Group 1: Pupil
Group 2: Use the drop down to select the year group/class to find the relevant pupil then Click Search
3 Click on the pupils name
4. Go to the Contacts section and click on Add additional accounts
5. You will need to complete the Title, Forename, Surname, Email address and Username fields
6. Click Save then OK
Your Secondary Payer will be displayed.
Once the account has been created, you will have to provide the payer with a letter containing the necessary account activation codes.
- Navigate to Communication > Create letter
- Using the Message/Template type drop down, select 'ParentPay: Activation Letter- additional accounts'
- Check the format is correct and then allocate the pupil this activation is for before completing the letter
- Review the PDF document and if happy, arrange for appropriate distribution
- Navigate to People > Payers
- Change the activation status to 'Not activated' from the drop don and click search.
- The Screen will then show a list of all non-activated payers and you can then locate the correct payer from here.
- On the right hand side you will see an 'eye' icon underneath the password column, if you then click on this you will see both the username and password for the payer. (After a few seconds the password will disappear for security so if you click on Close then select the eye icon again it will reveal the password), you can then distribute the details using any secure process you have in place
Once received, the parent/carer can use the activation codes to either add the child onto their existing account (using the 'Add a child' function) or they can set up a new account (using the 'Activate account' function). These are both covered in separate articles.
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help.