Splitting/Removing Payers from Accounts
There may be instances where payers are required to be removed from accounts. Sometimes
the reason for this can be very sensitive, for example in the event of a deceased parent, or if a
child has been placed with a Carer. In these instances prompt action is required to ensure as
little distress as possible to the affected parties.
School Managers are able to split a payer away from a pupil account.
You first need to create the new carer as a Second Payer.
- Navigate to People > Pupils and staff
- Using the 'Search' option, find the pupil you wish to associate with this payer
- Click on the Pupil's name
- Scroll down to the Contacts section and select 'Add additional accounts'
- Enter the following details:
- Email address
PLEASE NOTE This is a temporary username that must be unique across the whole of ParentPay. The user will add the child to an existing account or set their own unique username when using the activation details, as below.
- Select Create Account
Once you have created the second payer account you then need to split the previous carer from the pupil.
- Again navigate to People > Pupils and staff
- Using the 'Search' option, find the pupil
- Click on the pupil's name
- Next to the previous carer's name you need to select Merge/Split accounts
- Select the Split Account button and choose the child you wish to split from the account. When you click Split now, scroll down the screen and you will be prompted to save the Second Contact as the new Primary Contact. Click SAVE and you are done.
The new carer will be the primary contact and the previous carer will have been split from the pupil and no longer have access to the pupil details.
Should you require any further assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to let us know