When sending letters to all parents including additional accounts
Sometimes it is necessary to send out correspondence to all parents/carers which also includes additional accounts. If the correspondence is a new template is something that you have created it is important to include the correct merge codes. The merge codes required will ensure that your correspondence reach all parents/carers of the children within the message run.
- Log in to your ParentPay manager account, navigate to Communication > Create letter or Email & SMS
- Either select a template from the existing drop-down list or click Create new message.
- Tick the Send as printed letter and or the Send as an email, depending on how you wish to send your message.
- Click Edit under the chosen media
- The merge code <consumerrepeater> will need to be added at the top of the message, plus any other merge codes required.
- Left click, hold and drag the merge codes into to portion in your document.
- Drag the field code </consumerrepeater> to the end of the other merge fields entered above (see above image).
Please note: <consumerrepeater> needs to be entered before any text or merge fields in the message. </consumerrepeater> would need to be at the end of any merge fields in your message.
Please note: If you are sending a message that includes any of the ‘financial details’ merge fields such as the balance, then you would need to enter the following merge fields before and after.
- Enter the relevant communication for the parents. Once the changes have been made, select Continue
- If sending via email as well as printed letter, select Copy to other communication methods. This will copy the text to the Email and Text media section.
- Select edit Email, make the relevant changes and select Continue.
- If not sending via Text message, Untick Send as Text
- If you want to add your letterhead, logo or signature please follow the steps in the How to add a logo, letterhead or signature image guidance.
- Once the changes have been made, select Continue to message options
- For printed letters set priority to normal
- For emails set priority to urgent.
- Enter a subject in the Subject field section if you have chosen to send your communication via email
- Select Continue to add people.
- In the Add people/payment item, change Add group to All pupils, or any option that matches your recipient group
- Select Add to add the recipients to the message run
- Select View recipients
Please Note: There will be 2 or more recipients for some pupils as both the main and the additional accounts will be included.
- Untick any parents that you do not wish to send the communication to
- Select Update list
- Select Continue to preview
- Select View recipients and preview messages
- To view any message select the Preview button
- Close the preview window
- Review the information for the message run, this will show you the breakdown of emails and letters being created.
- Select Send messages
- The Emails will be sent immediately
- On the message summary screen, select View and print PDF’s to view the letters. You can then choose to print them.