When Additional Payers are created against a child, they are issued with a unique username and password. It is advised that these codes are communicated with the parent in an activation letter. The letter provides the parent with details to access ParentPay, including what to do if they already have a payer account.
The ParentPay: Activation Letter – Additional Accounts template must be used when creating an activation letter for an additional payer. This ensures that the main contact’s information is not included in the letter meant for the additional payer.
Creating an activation letter for additional accounts
Log in to you ParentPay manger account, navigate to:
- Communication 
- Create letter 
- Select the Template Name  drop-down menu, to view all the letter templates
- Select the ParentPay: Activation Letter – Additional Accounts 
- If required, edit the template name in the Template Name  section. The template name appears on the parent's home page.
- Ensure the Send as a printed letter  check box is selected.
- The letter template will be displayed below the check box. Select Edit Letter  to make changes to the template.
- If required, add Merge fields  from the right of the window to pull in additional details.
NOTE: All merge fields between (and including)<consumerrepeater> and </consumerrepeater> at the top of the letter must not be altered. Making changes to these fields will prevent the correct information for the payer being pulled onto the letter.
- Merge fields can also be used to add headers, signatures, or logos  onto printed letters or emails, How to add a logo, letterhead or signature image.
- A list of the merge fields and an explanation of their use can be found in the guidance document Using Merge Fields.
- Additional fields, to be used when sending communications to additional accounts  (not just Primary parent accounts).
- Select Continue  once all changes are complete.
- If sending via email select Copy to other communication methods . This will replicate the letter text to the Email and Text media section.
- Select Edit email  if you wish to change any details and then select Continue.
- It is not recommended to send activation details via the Text message option, untick Send as Text .
- If you want to add a letterhead, logo or signature image see article, How to add a logo, letterhead or signature image.
- Once the changes have been made, select Continue to message options 
For printed letters set priority to Normal
For emails set priority to Urgent
Keep Send to as All Payers (primary and secondary). To ensure that each payer associated with the pupil(s) selected will have a letter containing their own details.
- If you have chosen to send the communication via email, enter a subject in the Subject section .
- Untick the Send email to verified email addresses only , this is only necessary if you have the email address of the additional account holder, otherwise leave the tick in place.
Select Continue to add people .
In the Add recipients/ payment items section, change Add group  to Individual pupil
Under Option 2  select the relevant year/class group
Select the individual  drop-down to choose the child's name
Select Add  to add the recipient to the message run.
- If you need additional letters for other children repeat the above instruction.
- Details of who has been added will be displayed in Recipient groups 
- There will be 2 or more recipients for each pupil as both the main contact, and the additional account details will be captured. To remove the main contact as a recipient, select View recipients  at the bottom of the page.
- De-select  the check box against the contact that does not require a letter. Then select Update list .
- Select Continue to preview 
- To preview the letters or email select the View recipients and preview messages 
- Select the View  option to open the preview window.
- Use the Close window  button to return to the list of recipients.
Review the information for the message run and the select Send Messages 
Please note: Selecting send messages for a printed letter will not automatically print the letters. It will allow you to review the letters in a PDF format before choosing whether to print them. If any of the messages are being sent by email these will be sent instantly.
Results and print
The message summary will be displayed, the total number of letters  that require printing.
To view and print the letters select View and print PDFs 
You will see the total number of emails  that have sent.