You can reset a parents PIN via linked contacts in the web version of Schoolcomms or alternatively the parent can reset their own PIN on their School Gateway APP by clicking on Forgotten PIN.
If a School Gateway account hasn't been activated there won't be the option to reset the PIN
Resetting Parents PIN
- Click on Dashboard
- Click on Linked People
- Search for the name of the parent or child
- Click on the parent’s name
- Under the School Gateway Actions heading on the right-hand side, click on Reset PIN (this will issue the parent a new PIN via a text message)
How parents can reset their own PIN
- Go to the login screen on the App/Web.
- Click on Forgotten PIN
- Input the email address and mobile number linked to their account. If they get an error message informing them their details don’t match, please check you (school) have the correct contact details recorded within the school's MIS.
- The parent will then receive a new PIN via text.
If the parent hasn't already activated a School Gateway account,there won't be the option to reset the PIN and the parent will need to wait an hour before they request a new PIN.
How to login to the School Gateway
- Going to the login screen on the App/Web. If using the web version of School Gateway ensure the EXISTING USER tab is selected before inputting any details
- Enter the email address and mobile number that is registered with the school.
- Enter the 4 digit PIN number received via text.
- Once logged in the home screen will be displayed.