How to refund a leaver account

  1. Go to People > Pupils and Staff, Select the relevant year group (or All) then tick to include leavers and Search.

  1. Locate the child in the list and select the Pupil Statement icon. Select the relevant payment item and click Search. Any remaining balance will be displayed
  2. In the Description column on the statement, you need to look for the last payment made (you may need to amend the start date and re-run the report to find this). You can then click on the blue wording “ParentPay” in the description column, which will take you to the receipt for the payment.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, you have a REFUND PAYMENT button. When you click on this it takes you to the refund screen where you can choose how much you want to refund to the payer's Parent Account balance (which will be the balance left on the account). The parent can then log in to their ParentPay account and choose to withdraw the funds back to their payment card.
  4. Any pupil accounts that were credited by other means (for example PayPoint) will need to be refunded via cheque or cash.


You would account for any refunds via cheque or cash on the system by using the FINANCE- RECORD ADJUSTMENT page and deducting the refunded amount from the individual pupils to bring their accounts to zero.