What is MIS Sync?
The ParentPay MIS Sync application is a tool that enables you to upload relevant people data from your management information system (MIS), into ParentPay. This ensures that this data is maintained in only one place, removing duplication and unnecessary administration.
Regular uploads must be performed to ensure that your data remains consistent, especially during periods of change (e.g. new intake, FSM adjustments, etc.).
- MIS Sync can only be installed on a Microsoft Windows Operating System (PC, Workstation or Server); it is not possible to install on Apple/Mac products.
- MIS Sync should always be downloaded directly from the ParentPay support site to ensure you have the latest approved version available.
- If you are reinstalling a new copy of the application over an existing one, please refer to the reinstallation instructions below. This will avoid having to re-enter the login credentials and other settings already configured.
How to install MIS Sync
There are two methods for installing MIS Sync:
- New install - an installation on a new system
- Re-install - a re-installation of a new version over the top of an existing installation
How to install on a new system
New installations are where no previous copy of the application has been installed or where you are choosing to install to a completely new location (for instance where the server has been moved or you are using a different MIS).
- If you wish to connect to a Hosted SIMS Server, MIS Sync must be installed on the server itself, not locally.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of MIS Sync installed, see article, 'Downloading the MIS Sync application' for more information.
NOTE: This may require administrative credentials and should only be completed by a suitably qualified person, such as an IT Technician.
- Once downloaded, open the zip file and launch the Setup file to install the application.
- Follow the instructions on the setup wizard. Once completed, the program will automatically launch displaying the screen below (or similar).
How to re-install over an existing setup
At times, you may be asked to reinstall the MIS Sync application, to ensure that it continues to provide the highest degree of protection against security threats or to introduce new fields or functionality.
To reinstall the following should be considered:
- You need to identify the location of the current installation (re-installation must be over the existing application rather than a fresh installation).
- You will need administrative access to the server or workstation that the application is installed on. For this reason, it is normally the function of your IT maintenance provider to complete this activity.
- You should not need to provide any additional credentials or make any changes to the configuration.
- Download the latest version of MIS Sync, see article, 'Downloading the MIS Sync application' for more information.
- Once downloaded, open the zip file and launch the setup file to install the application.
- Follow the on-screen setup instructions, ensuring that the installation location is the same as the currently installed copy.
NOTE: Depending on your schools set up, you may receive a warning from your antivirus protection software when installing the application. This is not uncommon but you should double check that you have correctly downloaded the file using the above process and not from some other source.
- Once complete, the application will launch with the existing default credentials. If no credentials are presented you will need to proceed as if it were a new installation and complete setup and configuration as above.
How to connect MIS Sync to ParentPay
Once installed the application will need to be configured with authentication details and other details to allow you to upload your people data into ParentPay.
- Select the newly created MIS Sync icon on the desktop to open the program
- Ensure the Live option is selected
- Enter a Username and Password
NOTE: The account used must be activated and have overall privileges in ParentPay.
Any overall manager account can be used however we suggest a new dedicated user account is set up in the Manager Application for this purpose.
- Enter the Organisation ID
NOTE: This is the same as the School ID displayed in the top right-hand corner of the Manager Application:
- Set the drop-down menu to
- SIMS if you are using SIMS MIS, or
- Other if you are using another MIS provider
- (OPTIONAL) If you have a proxy server in place at your school, enter the details in the Proxy Server tab. You may need to consult your IT Provider to determine these details.
- Select Continue