|The Arbor Attendance import feature will allow schools to import the morning attendance register from Arbor in to ParentPay. This will identify pupils or staff that have a current Lunch Time meal pattern set up and apply relevant charges to the ParentPay attendance screen. Pupils or staff that are absent will not be charged for meals on that day.|
|This article will guide you through the initial set up and configuration allowing you to use the Arbor Attendance import feature.|
- School must use Arbor as their MIS.
- ParentPay must be approved as a third party integration within the Arbor system (see article, Setting up and managing third party integration).
- Arbor mappings should match those in ParentPay, (see article, How to configure Arbor Attendance).
- ParentPay calendar must be configured for the academic year, (see article, How to manage your calendar).
- All meal event types and prices must be configured correctly, (see article, How to set up a new meal type).
- All pupils and staff must be in a group and have a pattern configured, (see article, How to setup custom groups and patterns).
To check that the third party API has ben successful;
Log in to ParentPay > Attendance, meals & events  > Import  > Arbor attendance access  to check that the link shows Success .
If your screen doesn't look like the one above, please review the third party guidance.
Setting the calendar
Aligning the attendance marks
It is critical that the attendance marks in Arbor match those in ParentPay to avoid warnings. To do this:
Select Attendance, meals & events  > Import  > Other settings .
You will see the following the first time you access this page:
Select Update attendance type mappings  to synchronise your registration marks with in ParentPay. These marks are used to apply a meal charge for a pupil or staff member when the AM register is imported.
You will be able to manually add or remove marks  depending on your individual usage.
Once you have completed adding or removing remember to click Save changes  to confirm. A success banner will confirm the changes have been saved.
NOTE The following are the default marks required for correct system usage. Any other marks selected will result in a charge being applied for that attendance type. Only morning attendance marks are used.
|L||Late (after Register Closed)