Data issues are areas in your contact data that Schoolcomms has highlighted an issue with.
When an import is run in Schoolcomms the system checks the data and will flag if there are any anomalies, producing a report of data issues which you are prompted to view and action.
Any changes will need to be applied in your MIS and then the import re-run to remove the data issue.
Most commonly this is based on the contact details held in Schoolcomms but data issues also flag up any other errors the system may have found after an import.
When viewing your data issues the error column will give details of the data issue. This list can be viewed on either the desktop or web version of Schoolcomms, this list can be saved and filtered via the web version of Schoolcomms (this facility is not available on the desktop version).
You can find your data issues in Schoolcomms by going to one of the following:
Desktop version (SIMS/CSV schools only) of Schoolcomms:
Management>Import Management>Task list>Data Issues
Web version of Schoolcomms:
Dashboard> Management Report> Import Data Issues
Data issues include
Text delivery failure
Permissions (SIMS Schools only)
Click here to access information to assist you with deleting leavers.
Re-enabling Data Issues
If you have blocked mobile numbers and email addresses showing in your data issues, firstly, you must check with contacts that the information you have for them is correct before enabling any emails or numbers.
- If the contact information is incorrect, please amend the contact’s MIS record and run an import in Schoolcomms for the changes to take effect. Please note: for schools using Wonde, the data is imported from your MIS on an hourly basis so users will need to wait an hour after making any amendments within your MIS before running an import to ensure the latest data is imported.
- If the contact information is correct, re-enable their email address / mobile number from within Schoolcomms.
Re-enable an email address / mobile number:
- Go to Dashboard, School Members.
- Search for the Student, click on the Student.
- The Linked People window will open, click on the arrow at the end of the contact with a contact method missing.
- Under Actions click on Re-enable read the warning and confirm that you want to re-enable the contact.
- You will see that the contact method will revert back to include the previously blocked contact method.
- The email address or mobile number will be unblocked and you can send messages to them again.