Attachment size limits
When trying to attach a file to an email in Schoolcomms you may see the below message. This means the file is above your attachment size limit:
The attachment size limit depends on your licence type.
Reducing the size of a PDF file
- To reduce the size of a PDF file there are two options. You can follow the steps under the heading Reducing the size of a Word doc before saving the file as a PDF or you can use a free online PDF compressor.
- Please note this doesn’t guarantee that the PDF will be below the limits on your account but it is a way of trying to get the file below the limit.
Reducing the size of a Word doc
If your Microsoft Word document contains a lot of pictures then this could be the reason why your file is larger than the limit on your account. In Microsoft Word click on one of your pictures and under the picture tools menu you will see a compress pictures button.
- Press the compress pictures button
- Untick Apply only to this picture and click OK
- Your pictures will now be compressed which should mean that the document size is smaller
- Please note this doesn’t guarantee that the PDF will be below the limits on your account but it is a way of trying to get the file below the limit
If the file is still above the maximum limit after compressing, Schoolcomms can temporarily increase the attachment size to 6MB. Please click here to complete a support request form.