Go to Items > select an Item Type  > click Add  > Add Menu Item window Details  tab
The Add Menu Item window lets you create a new Menu Item with nutritional, allergen and dietary information.
When filling in the details for the new Menu Item make use of the Name field to include words like Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free, etc.
In the Details  tab you can record the following:
Menu Details  - Enter the key Menu information
- Menu ID: This is a unique Alpha/Numeric ID that cannot be duplicated
- Name (Cymraeg): This field is for the name of the Meal which can be entered in both English and Welsh (Cymraeg)
- Description (Cymraeg): This field is for the Meal description (100 character limit) which can be entered in both English and Welsh (Cymraeg)NOTE Cymraeg or any other language boxes will only appear if a second language is enabled, refer to School Gateway Welsh language support (Desktop ONLY)
Type  - Assign the Item Types for the Meal Item
- Menu Type: This can be set to Main, Vegetables, Dessert, Drink or Other
Sub Type: This option is only available when the Menu Type is set to Main and has the following options:
- Packed lunch (home)
- Packed lunch (school)
- Pricing  - All these prices are defined per Student Type e.g. Nursery, Student, etc.
- Photo  - Click on the Cypad logo to select a photo to upload, this will be displayed on the Desktop, Tablet and Whiteboard meal selection screens.
When you have filled in the details click Save .
You cannot edit a Menu Item/description after the Menu Item has been applied.